Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update from the Drafting Studio

Hello, friends. And sorry for the hiatus.

Thanks to Sarah Musick for the encouraging comment about my intentions with this blog. In the madness that is college and bills and work and relationships and and and...I've kind of put this on the back burner. Again, struggling with the idea that thoughts aren't good enough to publish.

Sorry there hasn't been a lot of research just yet. However! My short paper topic has been approved-- the difference in cognition for those with bipolar disorder! So, there's something to look forward to.

But, I'm designing the set for a production of The Vagina Monologues and am filling the role of scenic artist, as well-- a passion of mine. I never thought I'd be able to design a legitimate set...but this process has been amazing. I'm working with an incredible team and I believe it's beyond any student show I've experienced in my years at this school. Perhaps I'll post pictures of my work after it's finished?

Just a quick update. All the best! ...I'll update again soon.

3 comments:

Silas said...

You gave a shout out, hey!

So, today during my workout, where I do most of my thinking, I kept rewalking your steps through the cafeteria the other day. The evening the new girl was on the line and your food wasn't ready. And everything snowballed from there.

I'm intrigued by how "uncontrolables" can cause a nose dive, if you will, unexpectedly. I guess, in simple terms, I want to understand. Forgive my ignorance in saying anything ill-mannered.

Will be following...and wishing much creativity in the set production! You're making me miss my undergrade years. Ahh.

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I don't want to be a stranger so here ... a hug and a kiss for you!

I hope you are well and happy like me :)

Silas said...

*poke, poke*

*nudge, nudge*

What's shakin' in this world?